Seated acupressure massage (sometimes also called on-site massage) is based on the traditional Japanese acupressure technique called anma. Anma is Japanese for ‘press and rub’ and this therapy aims to stimulate the acupressure points in the head, neck, shoulders, spine and lower back.
How does it work?
Unlike acupuncture, seated acupressure massage does not use needles. Instead, I use hands to stimulate the energy points which can be found all along the meridians, or energy lines, of the body. I use a specific sequence of movements, which are designed to improve the flow of energy throughout the body and balance and strengthen the body’s muscular, circulatory and nervous systems.
What does it involve?
The client, fully dressed, sits facing forward in a ergonomically designed massage chair. As the client relaxes and rests their chin and forehead on a thickly padded platform designed for the purpose, I use my hands, fingers and elbows to apply pressure to the acupressure points on the client’s head, neck, shoulders, upper arms and spine. The sequence of movements (called a kata) takes about twenty to thirty minutes from start to finish, and leaves the client feeling relaxed, refreshed and energised.
What is it good for?
Seated acupressure massage is excellent for relieving stress and tension and encouraging knotted, tight muscles to loosen up. It helps with backache, repetitive strain injury, asthma, headaches, migraines, toothache, fatigue, sinus problems, menstrual pain, digestive problems, eyestrain, anxiety, irritability and insomnia.It stimulates Lympahtic drianage &removing toxins whilst boosting the immune system.
On-Site Seated Accupressure Msssage in the workplace
It is an ideal way to show you Value your employees.
Show your commitment to their health and well-being by offering rewarding Seated On-site Acupressure Massage for your staff.
A specially developed Acupressure seated Corporate Massage routine is designed to achieve results quickly and effectively and finishes in an invigorating way so that your staff feel relaxed yet charged with energy and ready to get right back into a productive day.
The usual time for a seated massage is 15-30 minutes> I provide a special ergonomically designed Seated Massage chair and the massage is conducted over the clothing without oils.
Establishing a regular On-site Massage Programme at your workplace has excellent benefits for both employers and employees. Employers reap the financial rewards of happier, healthier and more motivated employees resulting in a more profitable business.
For on-site massage in the work place – Benifts to your business
- increasing productivity and motivation through energised and happy staff
- reducing sick leave and absenteeism
- retaining key talent through boosted morale
- reducing the costs associated with stress related illness claims
- Why not become an employer of choice
- It also shows your employees that you care
- There is a potential tax deductible benefit
BENEFITS FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES:
- reduces stress, fatigue and anxiety
- relieves the common muscle tension in neck, shoulders, arms and wrists from repetitive use of the computer keyboard and mouse
- improves mental focus and concentration
- relieves headaches and migraines
- relieves back pain and improves posture
- calms the nervous system
- relieves symptoms of RSI/OOS (Repetitive Stress Injury, Occupational Overuse Syndrome)
- stimulates and increases blood circulation
- strengthens the immune system
- boosts morale
- encourages staff to take a proactive role in their health and well-being by making them more aware of their physical state. This promotes a more health conscious workforce.
Offering Corporate Massage On-site for your workplace is the most popular health and well-being initiative your business can take.
Corporate massage is an extremely cost-effective method of achieving all of the above.