Indian head massage is based on the ayurvedic system of healing which has been pricticed in India for over a thousand years. It is a deeply relaxing treatment that helps release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
The client, fully clothed, sits in a massage chair for the treatment. I use a range of different movements including application of deep kneading and compression movements over the neck, shoulder and scalp areas. In addition, I will also gently stimulate and stroke pressure points on the face. The session will usually lasts around 30 minutes.
WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?
Indian head massage is especially good for relieving stress, tension, fatigue, insomnia, headaches, migraine and sinusitis. Clients report that the experience is deeply calming and relaxing, leaving them feeling energised and revitalised and better able to concentrate.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Indian head massage helps increase joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders, improves blood circulation and lymphatic flow, frees knots of muscular tension, relaxes connective tissue, and aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products.
It is particularly good for reducing the effects of stress and tension leaving you relaxed, revitalised and re-energised.
This is a very popular treatment, perfect for promoting a calm mind, a stress – free body and for maintaining optimum health
Significant improvement noticed with:
- Migraine and headaches
- Stress related disorders
- Insomnia and disturbed sleep
- Temporor – Mandibular Joint tension (TMJ)
- Suppleness and flexibility to head, neck and shoulders
- Increase of oxygen and glucose supply to the brain
- Scalp stimulation increasing blood circulation, promoting healthy hair
- Increases cerebral spinal fluid circulation
- Improves muscle tone
- Calms the respiratory system, helping asthma
Indian Head Massage promotes:
- A sense of calmness, peace and tranquillity
- Release from anxiety, stress and mental stain
- Relief from depression
- High levels of concentration
- Clearer thinking and focus
- Sound sleep and relief from nightmares
- Renewed energy
- Aids memory
- Chakra balancing and energetic healing